POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Positioning orthographic camera - error ? : Re: Positioning orthographic camera - error ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Positioning orthographic camera - error ?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 31 Jan 2002 06:04:14
Message: <3c5924ad@news.povray.org>
Ralph Muench wrote:
> Furthermore, I would like to add that it will not even work for
[...]

  I think you are going the hard way... I prefer to think that up and right
have nothing to do at all with camera position or direction, but rather
with the "film" or "visualization window" size. I prefer to have it fixed
at the default orientation, only sizing them for ratio purposes, and then
using only location, direction (some prefer angle) and look_at to control
the camera. It's much more easy this way for me, but I rarely need to
accurately positioning the camera, tough.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org