POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mega-Pov or V3.5? : Re: Mega-Pov or V3.5? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-Pov or V3.5?
From: 25ct
Date: 29 Jan 2002 18:40:10
Message: <3c5732da@news.povray.org>
"Dave Dunn" <poi### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

    Well, I don't think there's been an  "...intolerant stream of abuse",
Dave, but well said anyway.

   I came in when 3.1g was up and running, and as a newbie, found it fairly
easy to use apart from I didn't use all the 'methods' that I could have. In
actual fact, It was a very confusing time for me as Megapov and 3.1 were
being talked about quite a lot in the forums, and as a result, I now have
3.1g, Megapov 0.7 and 3.5 beta10 installed.

   Personally, I'm glad that 3.5 is coming out and have enjoyed immensly the
experimentation side of it. It also brings me up to date and in line with
other people here too.
   Before I discovered PoV-Ray, I was computer-art illiterate, but 'because'
of PoV-Ray and the people that surround it, I know a fair amount more now,
and for that I will always be thankful to the people that put it together
and will remain loyal as a result.

   And that's it.

   Just my tuppence worth.

   ~Steve~