POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Clouds : Re: Making Clouds Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Clouds
From: Mitchell Waite
Date: 29 Jan 2002 09:52:31
Message: <3c56b72f@news.povray.org>
Hey thanks Jamie, at least that scene is one I can follow (nice and short).
Do I understand from your comments that the stacked plane approach to clouds
will not let me see a single fluffy cloud if I am looking down from above a
small mountain, e.g. I won't see a cloud floating above the terrain?

So far the only method that I have found that comes close to that is the
technique of using concentric spheres and the special double illumination
flag. Any comments on that technique?

Mitch

PS I like the way your site shows the thumbnails.