POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : simulating lens distortion : Re: simulating lens distortion Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simulating lens distortion
From: Bill Brehm
Date: 29 Jan 2002 08:43:33
Message: <3c56a705@news.povray.org>
I see. I was searching for "_map" instead of "normal", since I thought I was
looking for normal_map, slope_map, etc.

Now I see a big difference between having the normal enabled and disabled in
your example.

I've looked through all the patterns available in POVRay. None fit my needs.

Can I create my own patterns or are patterns something that are hardcoded
into POVRay?

I'd like to create a pattern where the further a point is from the center of
the pattern (input side of function), the more its distance from the center
is amplified (output side of function). For example, if the distance from
the center of the pattern was the square of the distance of its original
distance from the center.

Thanks,

Bill