POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mega-Pov or V3.5? : Re: Mega-Pov or V3.5? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-Pov or V3.5?
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 29 Jan 2002 08:23:27
Message: <3c56a24f@news.povray.org>
> To make one thing absolutely clear, and this is not only to you but also some
> others in this thread:
> You have no, I repeat no, business to tell us how we spend our time!!!  If we
> would make a POV-Ray 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9, it would be our decision to do so
> and you would have no business telling us to not to do it!
wow, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.  I never said you shouldn't
spend
time on POV3.5, I only said *I* wouldn't do it, and (I quote):"IMHO it's a waste of
time"
Mind the IMHO-part, I don't write the H because it's supposed to be there, but because
really think my opinion is humble.  I know I have no business to tell you how to spend
your time.  But I never did so and I never will.

> The POV-Team is not going to justify any design decisions for POV-Ray 3.5.
> There is a reason for everything, and if you are not willing to understand
> this, it is your problem alone.  If you don't like POV-Ray 3.5 fine, then
> don't use it and quit whining and wasting the time of everybody else!
I don't know whether I like POV3.5 or not, I never tried it.
And if I'm wasting someone's time: I'm sorry, that was never my intention.  I was just
saying what's on my mind, and I think if everyone did this more often, the world would
be
a beter place :)

cu!
--
camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1