POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Clouds : Re: Making Clouds Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Clouds
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Jan 2002 03:50:29
Message: <3c566255$1@news.povray.org>

3c5591de@news.povray.org...
> Can anyone point me in a direction for making clouds, not the kind that
are
> painted on a surface with a texture map but rather a three dimensional
> floating cloud that has the characteristics of a real cloud. I want to
float
> one over my terrain sculpture.

Try Jaime's clouds here (under "stacked sky"), probably the best cloud macro
available.
http://www.ignorancia.org/galleries.shtml
However, note that while there have been good Povray clouds, there is no
perfect way yet(realistic AND fast AND simple to set up) to create 3d clouds
in Povray.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com