POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Licensing, Was: Re: CSDL Update : Re: Licensing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Jan 2002 14:19:25
Message: <3c55a43d@news.povray.org>
In article <87l### [at] bachcomposers> , Ole Laursen
<ola### [at] hardworkingdk>  wrote:

>> Many of his other statements over the years are legally questionable
>> and close to libel.
>
> Which ones, may I ask? I think you'll find it difficult to find any.
> Voicing your opinion about licensing issues aren't illegal, you know.
> And I think your statement above is actually much closer to libel. :-)

He has been kicked out of various discussions because of the way he
expresses his opinion.  At the very least his gesture is one example, so I
am very well covered!

>> He has publicly damaged the POV-Team - anybody remembering the
>> incident on some Linux show a few years go, which was reported
>> somewhere in these groups?
>
> I remember it (i.e. the report of it), and I agree it was silly. But he
> still has the right to voice his opinion - after all the POV-Team
> isn't sacred.

His gesture has several implications.  Back in the days of the Roman Empire
the gesture could mean a death sentence.  See it whatever way you want, but
threatening physical injury (also he probably did not mean it this way) is
no longer free expression of an opinion.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde