POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture + diffuse : Re: texture + diffuse Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture + diffuse
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 28 Jan 2002 13:58:21
Message: <3c559f4d$1@news.povray.org>
> There can be also some persons which don't want open, search, copy,
> close long way (also becouse of respect to authors of code). For such
> persons there is still workaround.

Thank you!
But why isn't it possible to change the diffuse value but the reflection of
a layered texture?

#include "colors.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
camera{location z*-2}
light_source{z*-2 rgb 1}

background{1}   //NEW

plane{z, 0
   texture{T_Stone25}
   finish{reflection 2}   //INSTEAD OF DIFFUSE
   }

The whole texture reflects the background light! POV-Ray's SDL is normally a
very modularized and logical language, so I expect that a layered texture
identifier is handled by the same way as the inline code and as a non
layered texture identifier. I find it also confusing that there's a
difference between "reflection" and "diffuse". Can anyone explain this
behavior to me?

Felix Wiemann