POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : problem with XP : Re: problem with XP Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with XP
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 Jan 2002 06:26:22
Message: <3c4fef5e@news.povray.org>

message de news: 3c4e0c85@news.povray.org...
> Whenever I've started a render, it's almost impossible to type in POV's
editor.  Every now
> and then POV-Ray decides to take a nap for a few seconds, and during that
period, I can do
> almost nothing with my computer.  However, when I restart POV-Ray, the
problem seems to be
> solved.

I have had this problem for years with NT (since 3.1 at least, on several
machine) and reported it a few times but got no confirmation. Why nobody
seemed to mind until now is probably due that few people used NT, and if
this problem has spread to XP it may mean that it's eventually going to grab
someone's attention !

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com