POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob texture problem : Re: Blob texture problem Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:38:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob texture problem
From: Hugo
Date: 23 Jan 2002 08:04:59
Message: <3c4eb4fb$1@news.povray.org>
> you get many refractions and reflections for the same surface.
> renders much, much slower.
>
> There is no workaround to this problem AFAIK. Too bad. :(
>
> The same problem applies to texture_maps by the way. If wish it could be
> possible to specify whether the average should be done on a per-texture
> basis or if it should rather be done separately for pigment, normal and
> finish.

Well, this seems to be true.. I tried in 2 ways: To first #declare a texture
with pigment and finish, and put it into each blob component but with
individual normals.. The other way I tried, was to specify only normals for
each blob and put a #default texture above the whole object.. Both ways
create layers of normals, rather than averaging them..

Hugo