POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : problem with XP : Re: problem with XP Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:54:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with XP
From: bob h
Date: 23 Jan 2002 01:51:49
Message: <3c4e5d85@news.povray.org>
Setting the priority of pvengine.exe to Below Normal seems to help things
for me.  Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to the Processes and right-click on the
executable (megapov.exe, whatever), Set Priority there.

I never had trouble in the beta of 3.5's CodeMax Editor even if I let things
be default but external programs will freeze on occasion if I don't tone
down POV-Ray in the Processes.  It really grabs all the CPU time or
something and even if I raise GUI priority via Render menu it doesn't take
much effect it seems.
I must say that even if lowering priority helps running adjacent programs I
can't say it would help the internal editor though.  I just don't see any
significant change in that regard so that's not something I can comment on.
You get into a whole render-time thing there by changing all that stuff, so
setting things the way you need is going to be a bit of personal preference.

Not really been a bad problem to me, maybe partly MHz related as to what is
seen.  I've a 800MHz P3 here.

bob h