POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My ideas : Re: My ideas Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My ideas
From: Rune
Date: 21 Jan 2002 13:51:21
Message: <3c4c6329@news.povray.org>
"Mitchell Waite" wrote:
> I also see that this would not be a small book, the
> Materials Editor alone could be a huge chapter, maybe
> a book by itself. This might end up being a POV Ray
> Bible rather than a Primer.

AFAIK two regular books will sell better than one book that it twice as big.
IMO it'll be a much better idea to publish several books with different
approaches on the subject than publishing one big bible. A smaller book is
often more inviting to get started on for many people.

And with a big book there's a great chance that many users will not read it
all maybe because they're not interested in all the aspects. There are also
users who are not willing to pay the price for a large book. If you publish
more smaller books users can try out one and buy more if they liked the
first one.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)