POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Idea (something I think could be verry useful.) : Feature Idea (something I think could be verry useful.) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:40:07 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Idea (something I think could be verry useful.)
From: Ace
Date: 21 Jan 2002 04:30:33
Message: <3c4bdfb9@news.povray.org>
Hello,

 this is something that I could use and I'm sure other people could too,

I have the problem of not being able to visualize where things are in
relation to 0,0,0
and other items.my idea is a object like a plane devided into a grid marked
in pov units,
with 0,0,0 also marked, for example:

object{ grid
-1.0 / / same as for plane
 y    / / same as for plane
pigment{.....} / / the base color
pigment{.....} / / the line color
}
 it would basicaly be a plane but permanetely and infinately devided into a
grid.
render with it until everything is where you want it, then remove and use
whatever plane you want- if any. this could be done with an image maped onto
a plane, but it would take a verry big image to make this an infinite grid,
and actualy you could never do it this way without adding onto the image
every time you moved past a certain point. this could be helpful to newusers
until they get used to the way the xyz system works, and how things are
placed.

is/could this be possible?
does anyone else think its a good idea?

Gary
-- sig will be here when I shorten it from 4000 lines--