POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My ideas : Re: My ideas Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My ideas
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 21 Jan 2002 01:50:48
Message: <3c4bba48$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote in message ...
>I don't think the "virus" is available, and it wouldn't work with the
>security features in POV 3.5 anyway.

The virus is sitting in povray.binaries.scene-files (Title: POV-Ray Scene
Virus).  It was designed in POV-Ray 3.1, but it works just fine in POV-Ray
3.5.  With the default security settings, it will spend the next 80 years
infecting every file in the current directory.

(BTW, it doesn't *quite* work in POV 3.1 because of a bug in how escape
sequences are handled.)

--
Mark