POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reset children ? (3.5Beta) : reset children ? (3.5Beta) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:55 EDT (-0400)
  reset children ? (3.5Beta)
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 20 Jan 2002 10:01:33
Message: <3c4adbcd$1@news.povray.org>
I remember, there was something like this in Megapov ... Never tried it,
though

Now I've come along a situation, where I'd need it ... is this in 3.5 ?
PovDoc doesn't reveal anything 'bout it ...

I have some textures, used inside a texture_map ...

It would be a lot of work, to divide it into pigment_map, normal_map... and
finish_map isn't possible

Reverse transformation of these inner textures is hard to compute ...
So easiest would be a reset_children thingie ..

suggestions ?

My code looks something like this :

-------------------------------

#declare LPos=f1(clock);
#declare SphPos=f2(clock);

#declare Tex1=texture {
    pigment { ...
        }
    normal {...
        }
    finish {...
        }
    scale ...
    translate ...
    }

#declare Tex2=texture {
    pigment { ...
        }
    normal {...
        }
    finish {...
        }
    scale ...
    translate ...
    }

#declare Tex=texture {
    gradient vnormalize(SphPos-LPos)
    scale 2
    translate vnormalize(LPos-SphPos)
    texture_map {
        [0.0 Tex1]
        [1.0 Tex2]
        }
    }
as you can see, Tex1 and Tex2 will be transformed together with Tex, but they
should
stay, where they are...

--
[Talking about cardriving]