POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 : Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Jan 2002 17:11:52
Message: <3c49ef28@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] tealhhjpat> , hjp### [at] hjpat
(Peter J. Holzer) wrote:

> As far as I can see, there isn't any announcement that the MacIntosh and
> Linux betas exist. If someone hadn't mentioned "all three platforms"
> earlier in this thrad and I hadn't known about the MacIntosh beta and
> noticed that there isn't a link to it on the web site (but there is one
> for the windows beta), I wouldn't even have checked the FTP server.

There are links to all three platform versions on www.povray.org, and there
has always been since the respective betas have been available (with the
exception of the Linux beta link, which appeared for beta 10 also there was
a beta 9 for a very short time).

Further, all betas have been announced at some time in the past.  That is,
the Mac and Windows beta availability have been announced in these groups
when beta 1 was announced, and the Linux beta was announced when it became
available.

For the Mac version, it has also always been announced on mac.povray.org.

I really don't see how anyone can miss all those links, threads and other
pointers to the Mac or Linux beta versions!?!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.