POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline problem : Re: Spline problem Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:43:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline problem
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 19 Jan 2002 16:29:55
Message: <3c49e553$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>   Now suppose that the commas were mandatory. That wouldn't work anymore.
> It won't work either if you add a comma after the vector.
>   I'll let it as an exercise how complicated that would need to be done if
> commas were mandatory.

Only one line more, if the following parses ...

spline
{ cubic_spline
  0, 0
  #declare Ind = 1;
  #while(Ind < 10)
    ,Ind, <Ind, Ind*Ind, 0>
    #declare Ind = Ind+1;
  #end
}

OK .. I(We all) know, what you mean, but probably this example was too simple

Question: How far back do we need Backward-compatibility ?
Commas are standard at least since 3.0, so I think somewhere should be a
hard-cut ...

_IF_ all the suggestions for the (somewhere in the far future) POV4 will
come true, we
will have a complete(?) different SDL, with hardly any way for
backward-compatibility ...

--
[Talking about cardriving]
"People are opstacles?