POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers : Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 18 Jan 2002 14:44:43
Message: <3c487b2b$1@news.povray.org>
While Moray may be the most well know modeler, it is far from the only
one and is in no way required for use of povray. Including it in the book
may give that impression and since Moray is a commercial concern, but povray
is not, I think it would be innappropriate. If they are giving you a
kick-back, nothing will change your mind, but if they are not, how will we
ever know?

    Ethical dilemmas aside, grey boxes with generic modeling advice might be
good, maybe also giving various specific examples of the many available
modelers in rotation.

(example)

    Graph your spline on graph paper and transfer the points into the prism
syntaxt like this... blablah

    <greybox> Most prisms can be made in spline editors which allow youto
...blablah. In Alessandro Falappa's SplininEditor
http://www.flashnet.it/users/fn027571/spil/index.html Turn grid on, click on
the points, save then use "Export > POV" to create an include
file...blablah. </greybox>