POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers : Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 18 Jan 2002 11:20:36
Message: <3c484b54$1@news.povray.org>
> I have been considering using Moray as the tool for modeling since it
allows
> on to focus on the scene rather than the statements. The idea would be to
> teach the statements but at each statement show how to do the same thing
in
> Moray. I would like to hear opinions on this idea. I have been told the
most
> people DO NOT use modeling tools and that mixing up pure pov ray
statements
> and a modeling program would be useless for many users. I was thinking the
> Moray parts would be in gray boxes inside the pages so they could be
> ignored, but that may still turn some people off. Comments?

personnally think the pov script itself is the biggest turn off for pov
newbies, it also has to be noted that pov script while being very suitable
for some projects it totally unsuited to others.

Moray offers the closest graphical representation of pov script, but there
are times when you need to turn to other tools, such as sPatch or rhino -
both of which export directly to pov and moray

--

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key