POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Ray Book : Re: POV Ray Book Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray Book
From: Rune
Date: 18 Jan 2002 05:12:56
Message: <3c47f528@news.povray.org>
"Mitchell Waite" wrote:
> I am also thinking about using Moray as the tool for
> modeling since it allows one to focus on the scene
> rather than the statements. Do you have an opinion on that idea?

It will exclude many users. As frequent quick surveys in this group have
shown, a very high percentage (far above 50% IIRC) never use modeling tools,
except maybe specific ones like HamaPatch. There are also many users who
primarily use Moray though. However, I think it would be better to make one
book for each of those two target group (moray/not moray) rather than mixing
them up, so as to avoid a lot of the content of the book being useless for
many users.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 2)