POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Ray Book : Re: POV Ray Book Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray Book
From: Mitchell Waite
Date: 17 Jan 2002 19:32:12
Message: <3c476d0c@news.povray.org>
Well thank you for the kind words Maan. You pretty much sum up my ideas this
time around for a POV Ray book. The POV Ray manual already provides a great
reference, its examples that are in short supply IMHO. I am also thinking
about using Moray as the tool for modeling since it allows one to focus on
the scene rather than the statements. Do you have an opinion on that idea?

Mitch

"Maan M. Hamze" <mmh### [at] pleiadesnet> wrote in message
> Mitchell
> I have all the books you published on POV Ray (including the one on Moray)
> and WinFract and Image Lab.
> You are the BEST!
> I am glad to see you are thinking about getting back into it.
> Maan
>
> "Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote in message
> > Harold:
> >
> > That is exactly why those books disappeared. Macmillan aka Simon and
> > Schuster who I sold to wanted to focus on big thick books on Java and
C++
> > and so on. I was not happy about that, it was one of those hidden
agendas.
> > That is why I want to get back in, to bring those great books like Image
> Lab
> > back. I have received a good deal of email from prospective contributors
> and
> > I plan to write to all of them shortly with more information
> >
> > Mitch
> >

> > "Harold Baize" <bai### [at] itsaucsfedu> wrote in message
> > >
> > > My introduction to 3D computer graphics was your
> > > Image Lab book. It is interesting to me that you sold
> > > Waite Group in 1996, maybe that is why all those
> > > good computer graphics books disappeared ;-)
> > >
> > > Harold
> > >

> > > "Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote in message

TRACING