POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 : Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Jan 2002 11:36:02
Message: <3c46fd72@news.povray.org>
In article <3c46da34@news.povray.org> , "Chris Cason"
<newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote:

> 3.1, 3.1a, b, c, d, e, f and g (as far as I recall we didn't skip
> any letters) were all released to the public.
>
> I expect that there will be a 3.5a and so forth, also (for bugfixes).

Actually, I looked this up a few weeks ago already when someone asked the
same question:

Change31.doc that comes with the source code tells everybody the whole
story:

19 alpha versions (none released to the public)
26 beta versions (6 released, but I think only 5 released to the public)
8 final versions

The final versions started with 3.1.  I think 3.1a followed just two weeks
after that, and I think 3.1 wasn't or was only for a very short time
available outside CompuServe.  I am sure 3.1c and 3.1f were never released
to the public.  I am not sure about 3.1b...

Note that for 3.5 we so far have not used letter sub-releases since
3.5.alpha.3h which dates back to 3/29/00.

<<<