POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 : Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5
From: bob h
Date: 16 Jan 2002 19:05:11
Message: <3c461537@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> bob h schrieb in Nachricht <3c45df21@news.povray.org>...
>
> >Guess I look too briefly at
> http://www.povray.org/binaries/windows/beta.html
> >when DL from there, I hadn't realized it states "By this time there will
> >either be a new beta version available here or the final version of
POV-Ray
> >3.5 will be available." after the Feb. 10th 2002 date.  Can anybody tell
me
> >if that has always been said?
>

> Yes, it has been there since beta 1.

Oh.  Thanks for telling me that.  I couldn't trust my memory to know if it
had been all along or not.

> I noticed that other behaviour you described, too. Seems like people are
> becoming fearful already, that the Team would do something they don't like
> to see. I did not participate in any betatest before this one, but as far
as
> I can say, things are running good, don't they?  Ok, there are still some
> feature requests or the Team implements things in another way people like
> them. But Pov 3.5 grows steadily to a more and more stable program,
doesn't
> it?

Yeah, maybe so... in a general way as it does have pitfalls.  But gee, I
really liked visualizing that starving wolf pack tearing at an imaginary box
containing the next beta.  Wonder if the people wanting to get at the source
code will be like that someday.  :-)

Just to refresh some memories, this whole beta testing thing was reasoned
out as being better than releasing a half dozen 'final' versions last time.
You know, 3.1b to 3.1g.  Have to wonder how many people out there might
actually be using 3.1e still.

bob h