POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscape : Re: Landscape Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:41:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape
From: bob h
Date: 16 Jan 2002 15:38:15
Message: <3c45e4b7@news.povray.org>
You'll want to look over the 'slope' pattern, either in beta 3.5 or MegaPOV
0.7.
Also 'isosurface' instead of 'height_field' if you have the patience for
longer renders.  The demo scenes will help with figuring those out, as well
as the documentation.

For overlaying roads and such you'll need to use more exacting texturing
such as 'material_map'.  Placing buildings and trees would require 'trace'
(or 'hf_height_at' if MegaPOV using 'height_field' instead)

bob h