POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Personal Update : Re: Personal Update Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:37:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Personal Update
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 15 Jan 2002 09:40:34
Message: <3c443f62$1@news.povray.org>
> POVRay is raytracer, not modeller :-)
> Export it and compare results :-)))))

exporting from max directly is not poss, you have to convert to 3ds first -
that means converting every frame as a single 3ds file, then converting each
of them to pov

3ds to pov is not a problem - thanks in part to the excellent 3ds2pov
utility. unfortunately getting a decent 3ds file out of max is a little
tricky - for me at any rate, I get all the objects (etc) but the positioning
is way out of whack

it would probably be quicker to try and remake the entire animation in pov,
using the max models as a starting point, still, hell of  lot of work
involved

--

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key