POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Where circular wrinkles are born (92KB) : Re: Where circular wrinkles are born (92KB) Server Time
3 May 2024 08:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where circular wrinkles are born (92KB)
From: Alf Peake
Date: 14 Jan 2002 10:22:38
Message: <3c42f7be@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> Is OzLand the area in Australia that have
> all the forest fires these days ?

Yes. I'm sorry that I sometimes use expressions that may not be
understood by non-english readers :(

> If you know of any web pages about such
> vulcano tunnels, can you then please point
> me to them ?

I do not remember seeing any pictures on the web. The tunnels _do_
have a name, which escapes me. They occur in those lava flows which
are very liquid. The surface hardens fairly quickly but the lava
continues to flow underneath and eventually forms these tunnels. I
have only seen them on TV.

> > Beautiful pic as usual from a reliable source ;-)
>
> =)   Is this a little hint for the source code ?

No. I remember playing with the source you posted for the November
image and I must still have it on my HD somewhere :)

Alf