POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cone of light : Re: Cone of light Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cone of light
From: Mitchell Waite
Date: 13 Jan 2002 23:23:33
Message: <3c425d45$1@news.povray.org>
Okay I figured out the errors of my way, my bad, which was that you have to
have some color in the object (I had it all white) AND you can't have it
completely transparent or you won't anything. Like this:

#declare Cone_Light =
   material  // Cone Light
   {
      texture
      {
         pigment
         {
            color rgbt <0.501961, 1.0, 1.0, 0.968733>
         }
         finish
         {
            ambient 1.0
            diffuse 1.0
            specular 0.007167
            roughness 0.654133
         }
      }
   }

Make sense? Now I guess I should add another cone inside of it to make it
more realistic?