POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : keyring change : Re: keyring change Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: keyring change
From: bob h
Date: 11 Jan 2002 11:10:59
Message: <3c3f0e93$1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On 11 Jan 2002 10:12:59 -0500, Warp wrote:
> >   A limited version of the keyring would be quite valuable... I wonder
if
> > people who have already ordered the first version would like to get it
> > anyways?-)
>
> Quite valuable in what sense?  It's not as though it's a limited or rare
> version of a common item like a stamp or a coin; it's a rare version of an
> item that is itself likely to be quite rare.  Any value it has is likely
> be mostly sentimental and/or confined to the (relatively) small community
> of people who know what POV-Ray is and know that the "real" keychains
don't
> have the small logo on the back.

Like Ken, I'd actually like to have one of those that are flawed, simply
because I'm a bit of a collector and that sort of thing appeals to me.

> Of course, that shouldn't stop those who've already received the ones with
> the small logos from trying to make a quick buck off a sucker^Wfellow
> inhabitant of these newsgroups.

I wouldn't do that  :-)  Well, for $50 I might.  No one actually got
delivery of the first ones, did they?
Oh-oh.  Now I fear Mr. Cason is going to ask for an additional $5 for the
rare kind.  ;-)

bob h