POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iso Implementation : Re: Iso Implementation Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso Implementation
From: Slime
Date: 10 Jan 2002 18:00:06
Message: <3c3e1cf6$1@news.povray.org>
> Does the isosurface implementation work by:
>
> a)  Subdividing a ray, testing for inside / outside, until a good
> approximation of the border is found,
>
> b) Symbolically solving the function for the intersection with the ray?

I suspect A, and I think that the procedure is repeated until the distance
between two sampled points is less than or equal to the value specified for
accuracy.

I know it's not B, because that would be analytically impossible in many,
many situations, especially those involving pigments and POV-Ray generated
patterns.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]