POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Depth Maps : Depth Maps Server Time
12 Sep 2024 05:06:38 EDT (-0400)
  Depth Maps
From: Chris Howie
Date: 9 Jan 2002 05:49:29
Message: <3c3c2039$1@news.povray.org>
Not sure if this is where to post suggestions, but here we go:

It would be great if POV-Ray could generate depth maps.  These are used in
stereogram creation.

The resulting image would be greyscale, with higher values of grey
corresponding to closer objects.  As far as I can see, the implementation
would be much simpler: rather that calculating colors, reflection, etc., you
would just trace each ray until it hits an object, and then record the
distance.

Chris Howie
cra### [at] yahoocom
http://winimizer.virtualave.net