POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Athlon XP or P4? : Re: Athlon XP or P4? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Athlon XP or P4?
From: Alf Peake
Date: 8 Jan 2002 06:35:44
Message: <3c3ad990$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your comments Warp. My knowledge of CPU architecture
doesn't extend much further than the 6502 and Z80 :-/ I'm more
concerned these days with how fast the car goes, not how it works :-)

The number of CPU benchmarks I have seen lately are persuading me to
try an Athlon. Whether the tests are real world or under laboratory
conditions is no longer an issue for me. At one time you also had to
trade performance against cost. For POV-Ray, it would seem that the
Athlon fits both requirements now. I'm not too sure about its
reliability but suspect that is due to false economy with the CPU fan.

--
Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/
http://www.qsl.net/gw3srg/