POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL walking, stopping and turning - Final : Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final
From: Rune
Date: 6 Jan 2002 18:21:13
Message: <3c38dbe9@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" wrote:
> Hmmm ... How 'bout constructing Al as a Particlesystem ...
> with:
>  - _many_ small blobs ...
>  - _many_ forces between these particles ...
>  - these particles forming the body of Al ...
>  - and: ..... Particlecollission-detection ..... *tataaa* ?

Hmm, not such a bad suggestion, especially since I already have a particle
system which I could, with some minor modifications, adapt do be able to
handle that. I'll get started right away!

A bonus will be that the particle system can then also be used to simulate
rotating gears and other mechanical components with collision detection. It
will require quite some particles though...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 2)