POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BMP to TGA utilities? : BMP to TGA utilities? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  BMP to TGA utilities?
From: Tom Bates
Date: 4 Jan 2002 13:42:36
Message: <3c35f79c$1@news.povray.org>
So far for my animations, In order to produce animations that others can
view I've been using the pjBmp2Avi.exe and AVI2MPG.exe utilities. (for my
own personal viewing, I just stop at the AVI).

The results have been adequate and the file size reasonable.

However, with my current project, (IRTC entry, 10 days to go *crosses
fingers*) there's a few seconds in the middle of the animation where the
picture quality goes right out the window.

I did a quick search and found another utility called CMPEG.exe with
cmpg63m.exe as a windows front-end (I'm sure some of you know it).  The
challenge is that this utility doesn't seem to take BMP images as input, but
it rather wants TGA images.

Does anyone know of a utility that I can use to convert 700 bmp's into
tga's?

Thanks.

Tom Bates.