POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this an optimum outline for Mesh_Smoothing macro? : Re: Why can I not download sss.zip? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why can I not download sss.zip?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Jan 2002 13:08:35
Message: <3c334ca3@news.povray.org>
In article <3c333fc1$1@news.povray.org> , "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk>
wrote:

> Try the link on: http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/sss.htm
>
> Basically, you are being told that you can only download the file from a link
on
> a html page on that server (this is to stop people linking to that resource
from
> other domains).
>
> Oops, I just noticed that that was the link John gave you - have you got some
> setting that says "open links in new window" or similiar?

No, the only way the server can know you linked from its own page is if your
browser sends the referrer information.  While it is in no way required and
supplying it violates the user's privacy most browsers send it by default.
Maybe it was accidentally turned off.  Checking the prefs will help...

    Thorsten