POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Help guide me: AutoCAD2POV users/potential users : Re: Help guide me: AutoCAD2POV users/potential users Server Time
14 May 2024 12:49:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help guide me: AutoCAD2POV users/potential users
From: stefkeb
Date: 2 Jan 2002 10:01:07
Message: <3c3320b3@news.povray.org>
> 1)    When exporting solid models:  A very good mesh representation with
> more modeling options (i.e. fillets, chamfers, etc of solid objects) or
> actual solid models (union { sphere { xxx } box { xxx } })?

If you have the time, the two possibilities look interesting. If not, choose
the CSG approach, as this seems most logically for solid objects.

> 2)    A separate parser, as it is now, or an interface integrated within
> AutoCAD itself, perhaps with a GUI extension to POV?

Make it a seperate parser. Then other CAD-users could use it (ArchiCAD,
IntelliCAD etc...)

> 3)    Any requests?

Some easy to set up texturing? The more structured the output, the more use
it will have.

 --- stefkeB ---