POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Terrain Image Map Dumb Question : Re: Terrain Image Map Dumb Question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain Image Map Dumb Question
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Dec 2001 14:16:49
Message: <3c2f6821$1@news.povray.org>

3c2f6403@news.povray.org...
> I want to map my color aerial photo on a height field. When I do it, the
> image is tiled so that there are four images on the image map instead of
> one. Can anyone tell me how to stop the tiling and get it to just stretch
> the image map over the entire height map?

Try this :
height_field {
  png "plasma3.png"
  texture {
    pigment {
      image_map { png "plasma3.png" map_type 0 interpolate 2 once }
      rotate x*90 // lay X-Y image map down onto X-Z height field plane
    }
  }
}

> Mitch
> former publisher of Pay Tracing Cerations (with POV Ray)

You mean you're one the guys who started all this craziness ??? I got hooked
with Image Lab in 1993... I probably should thank you then :)

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com