POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need Expert Help : Re: Need Expert Help Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need Expert Help
From: bob h
Date: 26 Dec 2001 19:08:02
Message: <3c2a6662@news.povray.org>
"Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote in message
> I have Windows 98 S.E. newly installed,
> and I downloaded Media Player 7.1, but for some reason, all of the
programs
> I used before no longer have mpg-4 compression as an option, and they did
> before. When I look at my control panel/multimedia/devices/video
compression
> codecs, mpg-4 is no longer listed there, either. I was told once before
that
> installing media player 7.1 would automatically take care of this, but it
> hasn't.
> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

It's an option to have it done automatically (does it always work though?
hmmm) and I thought it was set that way by default.
No matter, just have a look in the menu at Tools|Options
Only file of codecs I see for DL doesn't actually say Mpeg-4 but maybe it's
in there:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediatech40/Install/8.0/WIN98Me/EN
-US/wmpcdcs8.exe

--
text{ttf"timrom""bob h"0,0pigment{rgb 7}translate 7*z}