POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need Expert Help : Need Expert Help Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Need Expert Help
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 26 Dec 2001 16:55:07
Message: <3c2a473b@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I appologize if this is too far off-topic, but I really need some expert
help.
I had to install a new hard drive to replace a defective one, and lost a lot
of stuff.
Before my hard drive broke, I had been making animations in the form of .avi
files using MS mpg-4 compression. I have Windows 98 S.E. newly installed,
and I downloaded Media Player 7.1, but for some reason, all of the programs
I used before no longer have mpg-4 compression as an option, and they did
before. When I look at my control panel/multimedia/devices/video compression
codecs, mpg-4 is no longer listed there, either. I was told once before that
installing media player 7.1 would automatically take care of this, but it
hasn't.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,