POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : FEATURE REQUEST: visibility level flag. : Re: FEATURE REQUEST: visibility level flag. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:02:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FEATURE REQUEST: visibility level flag.
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Dec 2001 07:39:09
Message: <3c28736c@news.povray.org>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:
> If pure ambient sources are used this is not a problem.
> When light sources are used the ambient object still has
> to be there for reflections and in direct view but not
> emit light.

 I've found a half-workaround for this problem, if you are not going to use
media interacting radiosity. You can put a very intense emission media
inside your ambient object, with a clear pigment, and of course mantain
media off on the radiosity block. This gives a nice solid luminous object
for reflections/refraction withouth emitting any light. It works nicely for
me, because I will surely never use "media on" with radiosity.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org