POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface -> mesh? : Re: isosurface -> mesh? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface -> mesh?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 24 Dec 2001 19:02:32
Message: <3c27c218@news.povray.org>
news:3c27968e@news.povray.org...
> Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

Yeh - thanks C and W. Thinking about it more I began to realise some of the
problems with working out which points to connect (i.e. it's no good just
connecting the three closest points).

I know nothing about the marching triangles algorithm except that it always
is mentioned in tesselation threads, but the name fits the nature of the
problem and the intuitive solutions. Ah, what the hell I'm online, I'll do a
search and read up.
Happy Christmas to one and all.