POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : idea: util for "sharing" CPU power : Re: idea: util for "sharing" CPU power Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: idea: util for "sharing" CPU power
From: Gergely Vandor
Date: 21 Dec 2001 11:27:20
Message: <3c2362e8$1@news.povray.org>

news:3rl62uodn1uloq3k54orn97jh6b45bihoo@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:36:05 +0100, "Gergely Vandor"
<ger### [at] vandordatanethu>
> wrote:
> > This is getting a bit theoretical, but I believe it would be an
acceptable
> > limitation for my "imagined" program to refuse any pov file with I/O
> > commands...
>
> I/O scripts are very usefull. Imagine tree-macro. Put it in animation. Do
you
> want 10 minutes per frame for parsing of tree generation for every client?
Or do
> you want send over internet megabytes of this tree for every client? Or do
you
> want send short script over internet and allow clients apps to
generate/write it
> once ?

Ok. I have to admit this IS an issue :)

File I/O should not be ruled out, but should be strictly controlled to avoid
bad things...

I accept any feature requests, but please be aware that there is only a very
slim chance that the software will ever come to existence. :)

Cheers,
Gergely