POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) : Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:36:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 17 Dec 2001 17:29:52
Message: <3c1e71df@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> And if i understand it right you can do any 'in between' version when you
> increase the complexity of the dummy scene.

  Hmmm... sorry, but I do not understand what you mean here... (my english,
sure).

> Could you show the geometry of your dummy scene?

  :) ...that's the dummy scene! Both images are rendered from the real
scene, but with all textures changed to simple pigments and removing all
glass. The real one it's just the same but with realistic textures and the
glass sheets. Indeed, the scene is no yet finished, I must add still more
objects and replace some placeholders. It started as a test for my light
macro, but I can't do test scenes... something always urges me to finish
them.

  I will trace the real scene with more resolution this night (with the
saved radiosity data), to see if it really lacks precision.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org