POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feature idea: unlimited functions in textures : Re: Feature idea: unlimited functions in textures Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:40:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature idea: unlimited functions in textures
Date: 15 Dec 2001 13:39:19
Message: <3c1b98d7@news.povray.org>
Ok. But LUA executes strings of code. Then you can write something like in
POVRAY code
color = lua_color_shader("function color_from_normal(position,normal,...)
return n;", position, normal,...);
LUA is an extension language as Scheme(Like Lisp), ELK, SmallC(Like C), and
SL (RMan)... But it hasn't restrictions so you can use it in many ways. For
example, in procedural animation, or like PHP for creating a new chain of
code.

Email: ult### [at] yahoocom
Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/thecopyright