POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Mosaic. Is it noise, hf_gray_16....? : Re: Mosaic... some clarifications Server Time
16 May 2024 07:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mosaic... some clarifications
From: bob h
Date: 13 Dec 2001 00:46:48
Message: <3c1840c8$1@news.povray.org>
I realize that the default isosurface max_gradient is at fault for the
contour lines when creating the hf_gray_16 test image.  However, even when
using the suggested max_gradient of 2.187 there was a single dot of white
amidst the otherwise okay pattern when using noise_generator 3.  Type 1 is
of course filled with plateaus and type 2 was okay.

I was under the impression that now max_gradient was found and used without
intervention.

Anyway, that isn't the main concern I had.  It's the mosaic produced from
the hf_gray_16 image when used in a isosurface.  The image being output is
always nothing but noise instead of smooth pattern (oh yeah, please ignore
that ppm image unless it means anything.  I just put that in to try it too).
I thought this was fixed as of beta 8, otherwise I wouldn't have posted
about it.

Thanks for checking this out if you have done so.