POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particle / Physics system preprocessor requirements : Re: Particle / Physics system preprocessor requirements Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle / Physics system preprocessor requirements
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 12 Dec 2001 11:46:41
Message: <3c1789f1$1@news.povray.org>
I think actually my program would have to output each frame of the
animation, but steps 1,2,3 is basically what I was thinking of.  It would
'drive' POV, or for non Windows platforms, it would run a shell command to
do the render.

Hmmm ... although, at first I thought it couldn't just output a .inc file
and then you'd do the render from POV-Ray, as each frame would be pretty
different, I guess it could just calculate the x,y,z locations and rotations
and output those with a big 'if clock==' switch statement in the .inc file.
I was more thinking it would update the positions and write the file out
directly.

i.e.

box { ... translate <...> mass( 1.0 ) initvelocity( xxx) }
would turn into
box { ... translate <...> translate <...> rotate <...> }
or
box { ... translate <...> rotate <...> }

However, the .inc result could be something like
box { ... translate <resultX[cindex], resultY[cindex],resultZ[cindex],
    rotate <...> }

Do you like the idea of comments or new keywords?

I like the general idea if you don't run the pov script through my program,
it would still render, so a #include file that makes 'mass' into a no
operation would be a good idea.

== John ==

news:3C1### [at] gmxde...