POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What abilites should a particle system have? : Re: What abilites should a particle system have? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What abilites should a particle system have?
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 7 Dec 2001 14:02:44
Message: <3c111254@news.povray.org>
I'd like the ability (as posted in 'square particles' ) to have something
like 'bricks' in a particle system, that would fall and tumble.

More definitive, the ability to attach meshes to each particle, and have
rotation part of the collision process.  Collisions should be chooseable
from:
1) Simple (bounding sphere), no rotation
2) Medium - Bounding box, x/y/z rotations from bbox collision (bbox orients
as the object falls / twists)
3) Complex (mesh collision), without deformations - collisions would be
chooseable from inelastic to elastic
4) Have collision (elastic/inelastic) modifiable acording to some function;
possibly modifying the object as well.

4) would be hard, but the visual effect would be a large object falling, and
they 'crushing'

                  == John ==