POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Undefine macro? : Re: Undefine macro? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undefine macro?
From: Rune
Date: 7 Dec 2001 10:45:48
Message: <3c10e42c@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" wrote:
> Can you just redefine it to do nothing?

No! I want to undefine it!

I use #ifdef to test whether or not the macro is defined, and of course it
still returns true if I redefine the macro to do nothing.

You can define a macro and you can test whether or not it's defined, but you
can't undefine it. I find that highly inconsistent! Is there any reasoning
behind this design in POV-Ray?

If not, I hope that the ability to undefine a macro using #undef will be
added to POV-Ray ASAP.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)