POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blur routines. : Re: Blur routines. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blur routines.
From: Hugo
Date: 7 Dec 2001 10:22:14
Message: <3c10dea6$1@news.povray.org>
> First of all, please don't post binary attachments in this group, they
> belong to povray.binaries.scene-files.

Oh, I'm sorry.. I thought only pictures were banned due to size.. Well, I'll
remember.

> This method will not allow using chekcer etc. in isosurface functions
> anyway.  Even with high numbers of samples there will be steps (although
> they can be invisible when you use it in a texture).

I see.. I thought gaussian blur would be useful because it's so big in
effect, and fast in assembly code.

> As already said, you should have a look at previous work on this matter.

I did.. I remember the different approches to reflection blur.. They all
shot additional rays and was not meant for blurring a simple bitmap..
However I didn't notice Chris's blurred pattern-posts until now.. Thanks..
Maybe this will find it's way into the next Pov version.. Anyway I learned
today how to code a convolution matrix.. I'm just amazed it works SO slow in
SDL.. In machine code, it's real-time for a fullscreen picture.

Regards,
Hugo