POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Particle systems question for Rune, Jonathan, Tim, Fernando, et al : Re: Particle systems question for Rune, Jonathan, Tim, Fernando, et al Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle systems question for Rune, Jonathan, Tim, Fernando, et al
From: Rune
Date: 4 Dec 2001 16:10:00
Message: <3c0d3ba8@news.povray.org>
"Alan Holding" wrote:
> 1.    Are any of you planning to release your systems to
>       the great unwashed soon?  (I'd love to beta test if not!)

In my case not too soon because there's so much work left to do.

> 2.  What's the speed of your respective systems like?  How
>     long does it take to parse/render a typical particle scene?

I'm pretty impatient so I usually don't let frames take more than a minute
to parse+render, often much less. That is sometimes on a 1 GHz machine,
other times on a 150 MHz machine.

> 3.  Have any of your tried using non-spherical/non-blob
>     particles?

I have tried using MegaPov glows and also textured discs facing the camera
and in the future I intent to take much more varied approaches.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)