POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Particle systems question for Rune, Jonathan, Tim, Fernando, et al : Particle systems question for Rune, Jonathan, Tim, Fernando, et al Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:35:55 EDT (-0400)
  Particle systems question for Rune, Jonathan, Tim, Fernando, et al
From: Alan Holding
Date: 4 Dec 2001 14:08:30
Message: <3c0d1f2e@news.povray.org>
I think the animations produced by all your respective particle systems are
pretty amazing.  I just have a couple of questions which don't seem to be
getting asked.

1.    Are any of you planning to release your systems to the great unwashed
soon?  (I'd love to beta test if not!)

2.  What's the speed of your respective systems like?  How long does it take
to parse/render a typical particle scene?  (I realise this is a difficult
one to answer.  Maybe quoting the times of posted animations would be a good
guide?)

3.  Have any of your tried using non-spherical/non-blob particles?

Thanks for your time,
Alan.

--
http://www.mp3.com/FeedingTheCats